2. Sauteed apples are the best. For a healthy snack, sautee some apples in butter, with a little bit of vanilla and cinnamon. One of our favorite Fall time snacks. I don’t even take the skins off cause I’m a lazy mom, y’all!
3. Did you know I’m a fantasy book nerd? I’m totally into Brandon Sanderson. I read his Mistborn trilogy
, his Reckoners trilogy
and now I’m reading the Stormlight
saga which apparently, will be ten books. He’s basically ruined me for all other fantasy books.
4. I do also adore Regency romance though and it’s right about this time of year I pull out Pride and Prejudice, which I fully admit I do in part because of my love of You’ve Got Mail. Here’s the annotated version
5. I guess I’m in a book place because I also want to share that Rose Mary has finally gotten into Chime Traveler
‘s. It’s these adorable book series where these kids ring a bell and end up in the time of a famous saint. They’re fabulous and I’ve been waiting forever for her to love them.
6. I unearthed my Fitbit Blaze
(which I got used on Craigslist) this week and I’m trying to get better about moving my body all throughout the day. Yes, I get grumpy when I forget to put it on then I go up the stairs and it doesn’t count! Anyone else with me on that?
7. I keep changing my mind about educational apps for kids. I want one that either has no games on it or one that limits the game time. So if you have one that you like a lot that doesn’t allow kids to hang out in the game area for an unlimited amount of time, let me know!
Love you guys!