1. Always be learning. You don’t need to read an entire book or take a class on a topic. Sometimes a few short YouTube videos will teach you what you need to know. But don’t let your lack of knowledge keep you from growing.
2. Don’t be ashamed to tell other people you changed your mind.
“Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradicts everything you said to-day.”
Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. The danger of foolish consistency. “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” We’ve always done it this way. That’s just who I am.
4. Be open to the Holy Spirit. Sit in the classroom of silence.
5. Pray the Litany of Humility. It’s painful but it helps.